Our care is comprehensive.
We manage babies from birth through pediatric years including adolescence, onto young adults, middle age, retirement and through geriatrics.
Some of the conditions we manage include:
- Lifestyle counseling for all ages to optimize health to limit illness and chronic disease including diet education, exercise, stretching, walking, sleep and stress management with immunization counseling for routine and for travel counseling
- Skin disorders such as eczema, poison ivy, acne, fungal infections of nails and skin, moles and other spots requiring minor surgery to remove them;
- Arthritis and joint disorders including gout, sprains and strains, overuse, injuries, and swelling;
- Back problems such as chronic and acute back pain, scoliosis screening and motor vehicle accidents;
- Cholesterol problems including high LDL, high triglycerides and advanced lipids to more accurately assess heart attack and stroke risk;
- Upper and lower respiratory conditions, including sinus infections, asthma, sleep apnea, emphysema, pneumonia, bronchitis and allergies;
- Gastric issues including heartburn, ulcers, stool issues, gluten issues, liver and gall bladder issues, inflammatory bowel disease and IBS
- Female and male genital and urinary issues including STD’s, UTI’s, rashes, other infections, pain and routine men’s and women’s health including pap smears
- Anxiety, depression, grief, Attention deficit disorder (ADD/ADHD) and PTSD;
- Neurologic disorders such as nerve pain, neuropathy, concussions, Parkinson’s disease, post herpetic neuralgia (shingles) and Bell’s palsy;
- High blood pressure, angina, heart failure, heart murmurs, ;
- Headaches and migraines;
- Diabetes and its complications, thyroid problems, obesity, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue issues and myalgic encephalomyelitis.
- And so much more…
We are able to address every issue with either direct care and management or help you understand which options including Western medicine and other fields of health care, such as Eastern medicine or chiropractic, might help you. We have a powerful base of healthcare providers that we know from decades of experience. We sit down with you and educate you on the options we believe could be helpful and jointly decide on a plan that makes sense (shared decision making).
Patient Centered Medical Home
Midtown Family Medicine is on the road to becoming your Patient Centered Medical Home. To learn more about how our status as a Patient Centered Medical Home will benefit you, please visit our Patient Centered Medical Home webpage, by clicking here.